October 23, 2013, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Join the Los Angeles Food Policy Council and our partners in celebrating Food Day Los Angeles on the morning of Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
Highlights of the day will include:
- Recognizing the progress made by the first institutions to participate in the Good Food Purchasing Pledge program.
- The launch of our first annual Los Angeles Food System Snapshot report.
- Special guest speakers, including: LA City Councilmembers Paul Koretz (Dist. 5), Nury Martiznez (Dist. 6), Felipe Fuentes (Dist. 7), Curren Price, Jr. (Dist. 9), Mile Bonin (Dist. 11); LAUSD Board of Education Member Steve Zimmer (Dist. 4); Dr. Paul Simon, Director of Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention, LA County Dept. of Public Health.
- A chance to find out what issues and projects LAFPC’s Working Groups have been working on.
- Samples of delicious food using ingredients that are local, sustainable, humane, fair and nutritious, inspired by recipes from LAUSD students.
Activities will take place in City Hall at the third floor Rotunda beginning at 8:30 am. Shortly there after we will proceed to City Council Chambers.
Los Angeles City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012