The Healthy Neighborhood Market Network, a project of the Los Angeles Food Policy Council, has entered a bid for $100,000 in the LA2050 Grant Challenge, a voting-based competition hosted by the Goldhirsh Foundation to spur creative thinking and seed new projects in LA. The LA2050 grant will help us grow this network from 200 trained stores to 400 (!), and fund us to continue supporting food enterprises in low-income neighborhoods that strengthen the food equity movement. Here’s a link to our page on the grant contest website. Please support our vision for change. Please watch the video, read our submission, and vote for the Healthy Neighborhood Market Network in the CONNECT category between September 2-16.
We’d also like to highlight the other worthwhile LA2050 Challenge projects submitted by our partners and friends. The voting period runs for two weeks from September 2 – 16, 2014. Each person gets ONE vote in EACH category.
- LA Food Policy Council & LAANE (Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy), Turning food scraps into a resource for local farms, good jobs, renewable energy and zero waste.
- Aquarium of the Pacific, Seafood for the Future
- Groceryships, Groceryships (“Scholarships for Groceries”)–Changing the Food System, One Family at a Time
- Hunger Action Los Angeles, Market Match Program : Making Healthy Food Affordable
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council, Growing a Healthy Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) – School of Architecture and Design, Culinary Academy, Los Angeles Trade Tech – A 21st Century Urban Agriculture Curriculum
- Netiya and Seeds of Hope, Open Grove
- Pacoima Beautiful, Extending the East San Fernando Valley Nature Parkway
- Proyecto Jardin (A Project of Community Partners), LA Agri-Corps: Youth HEALers for Food Justice
- Enrich LA, 75 School Gardens In Los Angeles Schools!
- Muir Ranch, LA Children’s Garden, an Eden Project for Los Angeles
- Community Services Unlimited inc., Earth Day Every Day
- Crossroads, Fallen Fruit from Rising Women: Empowering Women through Food Justice and Social Entrepreneurship
- With Love Market and Cafe, With Love Market and Cafe: bringing healthy food, jobs, and community to Southwest LA