FALL INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 15, 2013
The Los Angeles Food Policy Council is seeking passionate and dynamic interns to join our team for the school year. Interns play an important role in many aspects of our work. Interns work with staff on specific projects for 15 to 40 hours per week for at least three months. Interns conduct research and analysis, provide outreach and education through social media and other strategies, assist with writing publications, provide event support, and help with some administrative tasks.
Please contact us at email@example.com to receive application materials.
Applications for Fall Internships are due Sunday, September 15, 2013.
The LA Food Policy Council’s internship program seeks highly motivated and organized individuals who have a passion for food policy issues. The following is a list of general qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research, as well as the ability to organize and communicate research findings
- Commitment to social, environmental, and economic justice (commonly referred to as food justice)
- Policy/advocacy experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good team player who can work diplomatically with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Solid computer skills
- Graduate-level students in master’s programs are preferred, though undergraduates with excellent applications will be considered
- Support ongoing research needs of LAFPC.
- Compile and analyze data for State of the Los Angeles Food System Report Card
- Develop case studies/profiles of successful alternative food system models throughout Los Angeles foodshed (200 miles or 10-county Southern California region).
- Develop toolkits and how-to guides on growing, distributing, sharing, and selling food.
- Compile food policy news and reports and incorporate relevant statistics into LAFPC’s Food System Factsheet.
- Translate from or into Spanish.
- Edit documents in Spanish (or other languages).
Outreach and Education
- Assist with monthly meeting preparation and logistics.
- Write content, including LAFPC member interviews, for LAFPC’s quarterly e-mail newsletters.
- Support LAFPC social media strategy by contributing content to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, HootSuite, website and blog.
- Assist with compiling press kits and informational packets.
- Assist with event planning and execution.
- Assist with updating LAFPC website.